Dr. Magan Mehrotra
Dr. Magan Mehrotra
MS, MRCS (Edinburgh), MNAMS, FNB – Minimal Access and Bariatric Surgeon – Director – Apex Hospital
Dr. Magan Mehrotra is a consultant minimal access surgeon – one of the few surgeons in India who has done a two year fellowship of the national board designed specifically for this specialty. He did his MBBS from the prestigious Maulana Azad Medical College in Delhi and MS from Safdarjang hospital, New Delhi – both centers reputed for the high quality surgical experience they provide to trainees. He completed his advanced training at Sir Ganga Ram hospital in New Delhi working with the pioneers in the field of minimal access surgery in India. He also qualified for the Membership of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, UK and Membership of National Academy of Medical Sciences during his training – both highly coveted qualifications for any surgeon.
Dr. Magan Mehrotra has keen interest in minimal access surgery and regards it as not a profession but a passion or a personal interest. His motto is ‘think minimal access’. He believes that most surgeries can be done by the minimal access methods if good intent is combined with adequate training.
He also has multiple publications on laparoscopic surgery in international and national scientific journals of good repute. He is on the panel of reviewers for submitted articles for Indian Journal of Surgery (IJS).
|Name||– Dr Magan Mehrotra|
|Designation Director||– Senior Consultant & Managing|
|Hospital Name||– APEX HOSPITAL|
|Hospital website||– mesurgery.com|
|Hospital Address||– Apex Hospital, Majhola, MBD|
|Hospital phone & Fax No||– 0591-2971200|
|Associated with Govt Y/N||– N|
|Mobile Telephone||– 0-9997055553|
|– [email protected]|
|Date of Birth||– 31 May 1977|
|Registration Number||– IMR 07/807|
|MBBS||1995 – 2000||MAMC, New Delhi|
|MS||2001 – 2004||VMMC and Safdarjung hosp, ND|
|DNB, MNAMS||2005||VMMC and SJH, New Delhi|
|MRCS||2005||RCS Edinburgh, UK|
|Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery (DNB)||2005-2007||Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi|
|Position||Hospital & Place||Duration|
|Registrar||Apollo Hospital, ND||3 months (2004)|
|Registrar||Safdarjaung hosp, ND||1 year (2005)|
|Fellow MAS||GEM Hospital, Coimbatore||1 month (2007)|
|Private Practice||Apex hospital, MBD||Since 2007|
|Managing Director and Senior Consultant||Apex hospital, MBD||2017 onwards|
– 10 international publications and more than 18 national publications.
– Experience of performing over 15000 Laparoscopic procedures including lap nephrectomies, CBD explorations, Myomectomies, inguinal hernia repairs and difficult cholecystectomies.
- Performed a total of 202 procedures since 2012 including 83 sleeve gastrectomies and 119 Roux en Y Gastric Bypass surgeries.
- Attended a 4 day workshop on Bariatric Surgery with hands on experience and one to one interaction with Dr C K Huang at Taiwan in 2013.
- Poster presentation in IFSO 2013 Istanbul on Jejuno-jejunostomy stricture due to faulty stapling technique.
- Attended various national conferences on Bariatric surgery including OSSI annual conferences.
- Boston University School of Medicine, Surgeon to Surgeon observership program on Bariatric Surgery at Saifee Hospital, Mumbai.